18 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA (with verifiable references).
Did you know... ?
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies:
Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory
authority or oversight of the U.S.
voting machine industry.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of
ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush
campaign organizer and donor who wrote
in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman
of ES&S. He became Senator in a
surprise upset, with votes counted by ES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected
with the Bush family, has recently
caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee.
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George
W. Bush's vice-presidential candidates.
8. Kenneth Blackwell co-chaired George Bush's Ohio
election campaign. As Ohio secretary of
state, he left no stone unturned to suppress the democratic vote.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any votes. In other words, there is no way to
verify that the data coming out of the
machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and
ticket machines, all of which log each
transaction and can generate a paper trail.
11. Exit polls are usually excellent predictors of
election results. Reputable analyses
could not find an explanation of the discrepancy between exit polls and results of the 2004 presidential election.
12. A Diebold subsidiary employed 5 convicted felons
as senior managers and developers.
These people helped write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in 30
13. Jeff Dean, senior programmer on Diebold's central
compiler code, was convicted of 23
counts of felony theft in the first degree.
14. Jeff Dean was served jail time for planting back
doors in his client's accounting
software and using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were
allowed in the polls in Ohio.
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines
because the security was
so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that
the audit logs could not be hacked, a
chimpanzee was able to do it! (See the movie here with the chimp
17. All -- not some -- but ALL the voting machine errors
detected and reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican
18. Serious voting
anomalies in Florida -- again always favoring Bush -- have been mathematically
demonstrated and experts are recommending further investigation.
Based on a list
compiled by Angry Girl
American's votes were deliberately miscounted?
If this was done, it means, quite literally, that we are no longer living in a
When I read the list a few days ago, some of the allegations just seemed too
preposterous to believe. Like:
"Jeff Dean, senior programmer on
Diebold's central compiler code... served
jail time for planting back doors in his client's accounting software
and using a 'high degree of
sophistication' to evade detection over a period of 2 years."
I tracked down the author of the list,
who graciously responded with a list of
references for each allegation. I checked out this Jeff Dean thing in particular. It didn't take long to
get to this:
According to the findings of fact in
case no. 89-1-04034-1 (Washington
State): "... Defendant's thefts occurred over a 2 1/2 year period of time, there were multiple
incidents, more than the standard range
can account for, the actual monetary loss was substantially greater
than typical for the offense, the
crimes and their cover-up involved a high
degree of sophistication and planning in the use and alteration of
in the computerized accounting system
that defendant maintained for the
victim, and the defendant used his position of trust and fiduciary
responsibility as a computer systems and accounting consultant for the victim
to facilitate the commission of the offenses."
Another one of the references led to a
detailed account of the double database
technique pioneered by Mr. Dean to enable electronically tabulated votes give a false total while still
presenting accurate details in case of
In combination with the constellation
of undisputed circumstantial evidence
and open conflicts of interest, these last details are just too damning
A cloud over the validity of the
American electoral process is not acceptable.
Please join me in calling for:
1) a full investigation of election
2) measures to ensure that ballots
cannot easily be miscounted, and can be
1) forward, or Copy & Paste, this
list to everyone you know
2) use it as grist for letters to the
editor (in your own words) and requests to newspapers, radio and tv for
election fraud investigation.
3) write your
congressional representatives calling for an investigation